The SEM Specialist plays a pivotal role in the Overdose Business. Essentially the SEM Manager is responsible for planning and executing targeted marketing initiatives across relevant channels and marketplaces, with a focus on driving exceptional results for our clients.
Role and Responsibilities:
As PM Specialist you are responsible for –
- Developing and executing digital marketing campaigns within the Google Ads Manager and other digital platforms
- Ongoing management and optimisation of campaigns.
- Creation of digital performance reports and insights for clients.
- Partaking in scheduled reporting and strategy meetings with clients.
- Assisting clients with their strategy, both on a tactical and strategic level.
- Project Managing and orchestrating marketing activities to execute clients commerce strategies.
- Manage effectively hours within the retainer arrangement of the client, and be transparent with the allocation of these hours.
- Track and monitor tasks within the tools utilised at OD. This includes – Wrike, Slack, and Google documents.
- Adhere to monthly and quarterly reporting for clients. This can vary depending on clients and their arrangement.
Communication with client responsibilities –
- Keep regular, positive, transparent and professional communication with your clients.
- Ensure client communication is responded to in a timely and respectful manager.
- Bring new ideas, and direction to clients as and when required.
- Establish strong relationships with multiple stakeholders within the client organisation.
Communication within the Overdose team –
- Prepare and communicate effectively in all team WIP and scheduling meetings. These vary and depend on the department but include Design, Development, Client Success and SEO.
- Collaborative and strategise with fellow Digital Marketing personnel to help improve the quality and effectiveness of the department.
- Establish strong relationships with fellow Digital Marketing personnel to ensure ideas are shared and assistance can be provided on other clients if and when needed.
- Communicate and support all business Directors as and when needed. This may involve contributing to proposals, assisting with client reports and putting forward recommendations for client strategies.
Essential skills required –
- Strong SEM campaign management skills (2-3 years experience)
- Understanding at an experienced level of Google ads and bing/ microsoft ads manager
- Understanding and experience managing Google Search, Shopping, Display and YouTube Campaigns
- Understanding at a base level of Google shopping product data feeds.
- Understanding at a base level of facebook advertising
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Exposure to Google Suite.
- Understanding at an intermediate level and constant growing level of best practice digital tools, including social media, plugins and applications that contribute to the ecommerce ecosystem.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, and adhere to time pressures and deadlines.
- Attention to detail, both for work output to clients, but also during internal review process prior to work being released to clients.
Performance Measurement –
Performance reviews are held annually, with a 6 month progress check in which is in a less formal capacity.
Performance reviews are completed with a first stage of self review, and then a meeting to discuss self review with direct report. This aims to help set new career goals, provide feedback on performance and identify areas for growth or additional support.