We’re looking for a Shopify developer to help build and maintain Shopify Plus ecommerce applications for our growing roster of Shopify clients. Working with our team of solution architects, client success managers, project managers, designers, and QA analysts, you’ll be responsible for specifying new application builds, creating new pages, new templates, new features, and assisting in configuring Shopify. You will work with the API to migrate and configure product, customer, and order data using tags and metafields. From discovery through launch and maintenance, you’ll be asked to work with our team to define and estimate project scope, implement front-end themes and back-end functionality.
As a part of Overdose, you’ll be expected to help grow our merchant’s business at each step, considering how to automate operations, increase conversions, and otherwise drive value for our clients. This role requires an individual who can collaborate effectively with team members, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and get excited about growing (and sharing) their ecommerce expertise daily.
You’d be joining a team that is absolutely peaking at the moment, regularly delivering high quality work on time and on budget for a growing list of incredible clients. We have big plans at Overdose, so only apply if you’re hungry!
- 2+ years of Shopify web development experience
- Experience building, launching, and maintaining Shopify stores
- Experience with Shopify’s object/properties, AJAX API, and Metafields
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs, specifically plugins for Shopify
- Experience migrating data from other platforms to Shopify
- Experience with Shopify’s theming system and Liquid templating
- Experience with dependency management tools (NPM, Browserify, RequireJS, etc)
- Experience with CSS pre and post-processors–specifically SASS
- Experience with implementing/debugging 3rd party Shopify apps, as well as creating custom solutions
- Thorough testing and debugging skills with browser console and external tools
- Experience developing for responsive layouts for desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Thorough understanding of Git and workflow processes (e.g. GitFlow)
- Willing to have fun at work!
Nice to haves
- Magento and/or BigCommerce experience
- Previous agency experience is a plus
- Experience using Wrike, Confluence, and Google Analytics
- Understanding of system integration work (e.g. 3PL, ERP, POS, CRM, ESP, extensions)
- Experience with multi-channel selling
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies and technologies
- Knowledge of client side operations
- Interest in solution architecture and real life situational problem solving
- Medical benefits, dental, life insurance benefits with optional 401k plan
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Free Friday Lunches, and a silly amount of snacks and beverages (post-COVID)
- Regular company outings (post-COVID)
- Friendly office dogs (post-COVID)
- Really good people!