Overdose Digital is an award winning e-commerce agency with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, United States and Europe, is looking for a smart, passionate and experienced Technical SEO Specialist to join its fast growing SEO team in Melbourne.
About the role :
As a Technical SEO Specialist, you will be responsible for development and delivery of SEO consulting for our clients as well as tracking and measuring results. You will work on putting together comprehensive SEO audits and strategies, defining tactics used to achieve client goals, and presenting your findings directly to clients.
The perfect candidate will have at least 2+ years of hands on experience solving tough technical SEO problems and proven experience utilising various reporting and analytical platforms. Having experience in the E-commerce industry is a bonus. You must have a strong technical SEO background and strong grasp of how search engines work.
This role would include but not limited to:
- Ongoing optimisation efforts to meet campaign objectives, including website audits to identify technical issues, page speed enhancements, and other impediments to organic search performance.
- Monitor technical health of multiple websites through tools and data from Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, and Chrome DevTools.
- Ownership and strategic direction over 2-3 client SEO campaigns with support and oversight from SEO Manager and/or SEO Specialist.
- Assist SEO Specialist & SEO Managers on additional accounts as background support in order to learn and develop stronger SEO leadership skills.
- Assist internal stakeholders with SEO advice and support.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and the initiative to lead medium to advanced technicalSEO projects – SEO migrations in particular.
- Assist client success managers with client communications around technical SEO knowledge and recommendations to develop and deliver a clear strategic vision to each client.
- Contribute to the development of the SEO team’s processes and deliverables.
- Develop and refine ability to story tell through data and reporting.
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
Qualifications and experience :
- 2-3 years’ experience in the organic search industry, with focus on technical SEO
- Demonstrated ability to manage a website migration from initial planning to execution
- Knowledge and experience with technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, Deep Crawl, Lighthouse, Page Speed Insights, Chrome DevTools
- Strong grasp of industry tools such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, etc.
- Experience with SEO migration is a must
- Understanding of e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Shopify, and Magento
- Working knowledge of JS development frames like React, Gatsby, Vue, and Angular and their impact on SEO
- Demonstrated success in developing, executing and troubleshooting successful technical SEO initiatives
- Demonstrated passion for growing SEO and client facing skills and implementing feedback
- Comfortable presenting to clients and communicating directly with client teams, including stakeholders with varied levels of SEO or digital marketing knowledge
- Strong client and team leadership qualities, comfortable contributing to company’s thought leadership on SEO industry topics
- Ability to educate and share industry knowledge with junior team members.
- Ability to remain agile and collaborative in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Deep knowledge of on-page & off-page SEO ranking factors
- Strong organisational skills. Ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Agency experience is a plus but not required
- E-Commerce experience is a plus
Job benefits and perks :
- Annual performance bonus
- Personal training and self-development allowance
- Flexible working arrangements (working from home)
- Paid annual leave for your Birthday
- Regular company social events
- Breakfast provided
- Only candidates with the legal right to live and work in Australia and currently residing in Australia will be considered.
- No recruitment agencies, please.
About Overdose Digital
An award winning ecommerce agency with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Auckland, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Berlin, Vienna, Cork & Kiev. Our e-commerce services cover the entire lifecycle of Digital Commerce; from Business Design, Brand, Creative & UX, through to Managed Execution, Platform Architecture, Social Strategy, Search, Insights, and Marketing Automation.
We take a firm “no BS” approach to business, and brand ourselves anti-agency. We pride ourselves on delivering fit-for-purpose solutions, with positive ROI for our clients, and a belief structure based on creating mutual value. We refer to ourselves as “digital business accelerators”, and operate primarily as partners, rather than suppliers.