The Data & Insights Specialist at Overdose (OD) is responsible for helping clients uncover invaluable insight through use of data. This position requires an inherent understanding of the ecommerce space and the data sources commonly associated with it.
Like every role at Overdose, this is a hands-on role involving planning as well as execution. This is a rare opportunity to work with an exceptional team and influence some of the biggest brands globally.
Role and Responsibilities.
As Data & Insights Strategist you will :
- Deliver economic value to OD’s clients through meaningful and growth focussed data initiatives.
- Understand client’s pain points, business questions and ideate how they can be answered through the use of data.
- Drive the planning as well as execution of client projects spanning activities such as custom analytics implementations, dataLayer specification, data source integrations, data platform audits, BI reporting & dashboards, A/B testing, heuristic analysis and so on.
- Work with the wider team to drive rollouts of data platforms such as Segment, Adobe Analytics etc.
- Proactively recommend new opportunities, ideas and directions that can fuel growth through data & insight.
- Champion data within Overdose through continuous evolution of our performance reporting frameworks.
- Be actively involved in the evaluation and piloting of new tools that evolve the data offering at Overdose.
- Contribute to client proposals as and when necessary & support internal teams (Client Success, Marketing, SEO, Design teams) on ongoing data issues and questions.
- Establish strong client and internal relationships built on trust.
- Advanced understanding and experience in Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics (and/or) Adobe Analytics, Google Data Studio (or similar)
- Understanding of data from marketing platforms such as Facebook / Instagram Ads, Google Ads, Google Search Console
- Understanding of key concepts such as ‘attribution’, ‘dataLayers’
- Ability to convey insights effectively through visualizations in BI tools (Google Data Studio, Power BI, Looker etc.)
- Experience using any data pipeline tools such a Supermetrics, Hevo, Stitch, Funnel or similar.
- Ability to work with SQL for data manipulation and wrangling.
- Experience implementing analytics tracking on e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce etc.
- Working experience with Google BigQuery & Google Cloud Platform is an advantage, but not necessary.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, and adhere to time pressures and deadlines.
Candidates with ecommerce management experience with advanced proficiency on above mentioned tools can also feel free to apply.
Performance reviews are held annually, with a 6 month progress check in which is in a less formal capacity. Performance reviews are completed with a first stage of self review, and then a meeting to discuss self review with direct report. This aims to help set new career goals, provide feedback on performance and identify areas for growth or additional support.