Overdose Digital is an award winning e-commerce agency with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, United States and Europe, is looking for an experienced Tech Lead to join its fast growing SaaS delivery team. Experience working with Shopify is essential to the role and you will be working with a diverse range of clients.
About the role :
The Tech Lead is responsible for assisting in the delivery of ecommerce projects and servicing large retainer clients.
This role is important to set the standard for SaaS delivery (especially on the Shopify platform) across the entire global business.
This role would include but not limited to:
- Be the lead technical expert on specified SaaS projects and retainers, primarily on Shopify platform but potentially branching to other ecommerce and headless platforms
- Strategy & consultation. Work directly with clients (current and prospective) and behind the scenes to deliver work that generates growth for clients
- Systems architecture, including assisting with scoping new projects and documenting requirements as part of business analysis processes
- Equip CS & PMs to convert and upsell clients. Eg. Email strategy, larger project pieces that deliver value (subscriptions, loyalty, reviews)
- Share knowledge with other OD teams, particularly newly established teams
- Tap into projects at critical stages (kick off, scoping, launch)
- QA and documentation for complex work (to be shared with PMs) including writing technical blueprints
- Create processes for manual tasks so they can be handled by junior/offshore teams
- Liaising / qualifying additional platforms, apps and tools for clients
- Educating the broader CS and PM team on Saas best proactive, problem solving and so forth
Qualifications and experience :
- 2 years experience working with the Shopify ecommerce platform
- Self-motivation – you don’t need a lot of direction, and aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need to understand something better, but will try to figure out the answer on your own first
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Good time management skills
- Comfortable providing recommendations with confidence to senior level stakeholders, even when there is ambiguity involved
- Work best with directional support rather than hand holding
- Comfortable working under pressure and tight deadline
- Ability to think creatively and logically to develop bespoke strategies for your clients in line with their business objectives through analysis of data and industry trends
- Keen willingness to learn and grow within the team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, and adhere to time pressures and deadlines
- Attention to detail, both for work output to clients, but also during internal review process prior to work being released to clients
- Technical skills (an understanding of key languages and best practice)
Job benefits and perks :
- Annual performance bonus
- Personal training and self-development allowance
- Flexible working arrangements (working from home)
- Paid annual leave for your Birthday
- Regular company social events
- Breakfast provided
- Only candidates with the legal right to live and work in Australia and currently residing in Australia will be considered.
- No recruitment agencies, please.
About Overdose Digital
An award winning ecommerce agency with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Auckland, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Berlin, Vienna, Cork & Kiev. Our e-commerce services cover the entire lifecycle of Digital Commerce; from Business Design, Brand, Creative & UX, through to Managed Execution, Platform Architecture, Social Strategy, Search, Insights, and Marketing Automation.
We take a firm “no BS” approach to business, and brand ourselves anti-agency. We pride ourselves on delivering fit-for-purpose solutions, with positive ROI for our clients, and a belief structure based on creating mutual value. We refer to ourselves as “digital business accelerators”, and operate primarily as partners, rather than suppliers.