Grow the average transaction of the people going through design studio service, with the potential to grow the customer base using this service. The human element that the Design Studio offers was not captured online, testimonials were not being used and Beacon was unable to showcase previous work and folio easily. Specifically, their online form was difficult to use, as customers did not understand the styles they were selecting and therefore chose incorrectly.
UX/UI & CRO
- The human element: Profile the Lighting Designers online and their specialities and strengths
- Profile testimonials clearly to provide credibility on the online booking platform to help conversion
Marketing & Brand
- Explore the BDS Instagram to help profile previous work more prominently & create more brand awareness
- Establish an online portfolio of work to provide to architects and possible clients: build credibility
- Explore a better method to track these customers & their transactions
Technical (Online Form Amendments)
- Include an area for the client to upload their design inspiration eg: Pinterest boards
- Style of home: Add thumbnails for each style to allow the customer to more accurately choose the style to avoid confusion for designers
- Provide budget ranges for the customer to choose from. This will provide insights for the designers to strategically recommend products
- We optimized the form for mobile (53.86% of online traffic is mobile)
The most commonly asked question by customers to the customer service and web sales team: Why can’t I checkout? - We needed to reduce this.
We removed all the current technical issues such as auto-fill, errors made in checkout staying there when returning, the checkout is caching, customers being unaware of needing to add in all their information before checking out. We, therefore, redesigned the workflow of the cart to ensure a simplified and user-friendly approach and included a ‘Help’ section. We also ensured each step of the checkout was validated with clear messaging if a field was missed.
Customers didn’t understand the difference between the two services and this wasn’t clearly communicated online. How do we promote the two design services and their point of difference compared to competitors? How do we funnel the customer to the right service?
We profiled these service offerings better online via restructure of information and design, ensuring the key selling points of these services were clearly depicted, such as promoting the redeemable fee and tailored service across Australia. We then ensured Beacon focused more marketing efforts on these services to increase their brand awareness and optimised these pages with keyword-rich content so people searching for lighting design would be taken directly from Google.
Increase the login rate for Trade Club members and ensure Trade members are across which site they are using, as customers were adding items to their cart on the retail site, then realising they could not add their discount. Alternatively, they were placing an order, then following up for their Exclusive Trade Prices. This was resulting in numerous customer service calls.
Tech As identified, the rolling up of the sites into one instance will help with login issues for Trade Club customers UX/UI Ensure a clearer UX across the new site and include a tailored sign up workflow email establishing strong email marketing strategies post-purchase, for customers who have not logged in for a set period.
A significant challenge we needed to address in the new build was improving the user journey for Trade customers, to help increase their login rate and ensure it was clear which website they were using. In the past, Trade members were adding items to their cart on the Retail site, then realising they could not use their Exclusive Trade Prices, or actually placing the order then following up with customer service to redeem their Exclusive Trade Price post-purchase. This was resulting in numerous customer service calls and inefficiencies. We addressed this challenge by rolling up these sites into one instance and ensuring a clearer UX in the new design, including a tailored sign up workflow.